Valley View United Methodist Church was founded in 1877. When the church family first gathered, services were held in the two-story Union Church building, located on the southwest corner of the town square. During this period, the Union Church building was shared by the Presbyterian, Methodist and Baptist congregations.
During the early years of the Methodist Church in Valley View, the church was a circuit church – or one of several churches served by a common pastor – famously called the “circuit rider.”
The church was made a station in 1909, which meant it was given its own pastor. That same year, a parsonage was built to house the pastor and his family.